Thoughts on Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) by James Cameron

Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) by James Cameron. The wait to catch it on the best screen possible was completely worth it and I'm extremely glad that it was my first film in theatres this year. This is by far the most visually stunning experience I've ever had on an IMAX 3D screen. Such precision and depth.



Amidst the exponentially growing attention span issues nowadays, Cameron has literally managed to transfix many of us for over three odd hours inside a cinema hall without having to check our watch or phone even for a teeny-tiny moment. It may not be as streamlined as its first installment as the world building here is incredibly vast but it still makes you glued to the screens nonetheless. I was thoroughly invested in its emotionally heavy journey and found myself hooting more vigorously everytime mankind gets what they deserve for their atrocities than its first installment. And my most favourite character is undoubtedly Kiri, the fourteen year old played by Sigourney Weaver, who's finding it hard in coming to terms with her existence or purpose.

Comments