Bandish Bandits Webseries Review

Bandish Bandits (2020)

Just finished watching ‘Bandish Bandits’ and I was blown away. 
A different concept and so well executed. The locations, the opulence of Rajasthan is absolutely majestic. 
But what completely took my breath away were the performances by all the actors - each one handpicked and perfect for the role they were cast in. 
Some thoroughly nuanced performances by Naseeruddin Shah, Atul Kulkarni, Sheeba Chaddha, Kunal Roy Kapoor, Rituraj Singh, Amit Mistry, Rajesh Tailang, Meghna Malik; even the new actors Ritwik Bhowmik and Shreya Choudhary are easy on the eyes. 
Manjhe huye kalakar kya hote hain, woh iss series ko dekh ke pata chalta hai

And the music!!! Uff!! 

I’ve always associated Shankar-Ehsan-Loy with contemporary and peppy music, but they have shown what they’re made of. I’ve never enjoyed Indian classical music as much as I’ve enjoyed it in this series. In fact, my interest in Indian classical has revived, thanks to Bandish Bandits. Some of the songs were so good that I re-watched them a couple of times, just to get goosebumps each time. The singers are also par excellence. 

All in all, one of the best series I’ve watched in a long time. It’s a must watch if you’re looking for something impactful and beautiful at the same time.


Comments